**Please be aware that if you have not completed the below actions, you will not be allowed to train/play**
At Melton Hockey Club we want to get back to playing hockey in a secure and safe way. On this page you can find the information and resources as members of Melton Hockey Club that you need to help us do that.
Since the suspension of Hockey at the end of last season we have been working closely with England Hockey to get back to playing. A road map for doing this has been implemented and we are currently at Stage 5: Resumption of League Hockey. Road Map Overview: Returning to play Hockey This means league matches and training can resume.
Moving to stage 5 (the resumption of league hockey) will be assessed over the coming weeks ensuring that the decision to start the season can be made when there is enough confidence that clubs are sufficiently ready to start.
We will shorty be appointing a Covid-19 Officer who will coordinate all of the matters relating to playing/training under the new guidelines. If you have a desire to read the new stage 5 guidelines they can be found here.
What does this mean for me?
In order to adhere to Government regulations all players & clubs are required to follow Guidelines.
As such, every member who wishes to train/play hockey for Melton HC needs to do the following:
2. Read, understand & sign England Hockey's "Individual Consent for Participating in Hockey under Covid-19 Restrictions" form: https://forms.office.com/FormsPro/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=NvkYmuiQxU--asEa8eSc6g-NqKCAUipGoe_luyiEaiZUMlE4NUVKRDZENzJGNUtNVEE5NVlXME9ETC4u
This needs to be done at least 24 hours before you attend your first training session or match
In addition to the steps above, please see the below infographic from England Hockey and read the information below:
- Players must agree not to attend training/games if they are feeling ill or are showing any Covid symptoms such as a cough, loss of smell etc
- Players must agree to the Government Track & Trace system ( details will not be passed to any other organisations)
- The Club will retain training registers for 21 days
- All players must practice social distancing in groups of 6 or less before and after practice and games and agree not to gather in large groups- All players will arrive changed and depart without using a changing room
- Toilet facilities will be available
- Groups of 30 are permitted to train in each half of the pitch but are encouraged not to mix groups
- All players are asked to avoid physical contact in practice and games, take free hits quickly
- Players are asked not to celebrate by touching hands , high fives etc
- Players are asked not to touch any equipment with hands
Further guidance in regards to playing matches/training at Melton Sports Village will be made available in due course.